Articles On Workers’ Compensation And Work-Related Injuries
New York laws regarding workers’ compensation, Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and third-party injury claims are complex. Unfortunately, many injured workers never recover the full amount they deserve because they do not enlist the assistance of a knowledgeable workers’ comp lawyer to help them navigate the process.
We support those who want to educate themselves about the workers’ compensation system. The links below will direct you to articles on a wide range of work-related injury topics. Our objective is to help you better understand the situation in which you find yourself.
However, it is always wise to work with an experienced legal team like the one at Silverman, Silverman & Seligman, P.C. We aim to put more money in your pocket than you will recover on your own, even after our legal fees are paid.
- Latinos are at elevated risk working at New York construction sites
- What are OSHA’s big four construction hazards?
- Another New York accident highlights crane safety concerns
- New York man dies in construction site accident, potential OSHA violation
- Tips for improving safety on New York construction sites
- Do you work in one of New York’s most dangerous jobs?
Filing For Workers’ Comp
- Workers’ comp and ways in which an employer might pressure you
- Why documentation is important in workers’ compensation claims
- The top 5 mistakes workers make while filing a workers’ comp claim
- Accident reporting guidelines get update
- File immediately to maintain right to workers’ compensation in New York
Health Care Industry
- Nurses are at risk for on-the-job injuries
- Saving lives is a risky business for paramedics in New York
- How does work in a nursing home take a toll on staff?
- Nursing homes have extremely high rates of workplace injury
- Workplace traumatic brain injuries
- What Is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Who Is at Risk?
- When are job-related repetitive stress injuries compensable in New York?
- Workers’ compensation for on-the-job fall injuries
- An emerging hazard: Silicosis from cutting engineered countertops
- Working again after suffering an injury in New York
- What happens when an on-the-job injury leads to a death in New York?
- “Occupational disease” and workers’ comp in New York
Law And The Courts
- NY lawmakers pass law expanding workers’ comp rights to farms
- Injured on the job? New workers’ comp rules may leave your head spinning
- New York sees some workers’ comp law changes in 2013 legislative session
- New York workers’ compensation reform confusing to medical providers
- Gov. Cuomo proposes major reforms to New York workers’ compensation
- Workers’ compensation award for delayed claim by 9/11 responder upheld
- New York Appellate Court discusses compensation for workplace assaults
- NY workers’ compensation covered TBI from car crash for traveling employee
- NY Workers’ Comp Board may reopen claim when justice supports modification
- New York court rules break does not interfere with workers’ compensation
- NY appeals court says suing coworker for intentional tort allowed
- Court rules on impact of pre-existing conditions on workers’ comp in NY
- The value of an attorney in a New York workers’ compensation claim
- 4 cases when injured workers should hire an attorney
- When does an on-the-job injury result in a lawsuit in New York?
- Silverman Law recommends that New York employees follow this guideline to help insure successful entitlement to comp benefits
- 3 factors that can make legal representation crucial for injured workers
- Concerned about workplace safety or injuries? An attorney can help
- Seek legal advice: interplay of New York workers’ compensation and SSDI
Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Injury during commute is complex under New York workers’ compensation law
- New York workers’ compensation: The going-and-coming rule
- Transportation accidents are a major cause of work injuries
New York’s Workers’ Compensation System
- New York workers’ compensation and third-party lawsuits
- 4 common questions about the New York workers’ compensation system
- What types of workers’ compensation benefits are there?
- For some, disability benefits may continue after remarriage
- Workers’ compensation in New York: What you need to know
- Change coming to New York’s already complicated workers’ comp system
- Why do we have a workers’ compensation system in New York?
- Tips for making your New York workstation more ergonomic
- High temperatures lead to an increase in workplace injuries
- Tips for safe operation of forklifts in New York
- Hot child in the city: The dangers of summer jobs for young employees
- Keeping New York workers safe in the heat